Travel instructions to the hotel.
How to get from the airport to the hotel.
You have to take three steps:
Step 1: From the airport to the train station (20 minutes)
- Leave the aiport and follow the sign to the underground.
- Buy a ticket at the ticket office to Cascais trainstation (price 1,90 Euro) and ask a free underground map.
- Take the red line direction Sebastiao. Exit the underground at station Alameda.
- Change to the underground on the green line direction Cais do Sodre (end station).
Step 2: Take the train to Cascais (40 minutes)
- Walk upstarirs tot he train station.
- Buy a ticket at the ticket machine (8 zones, Euro 3,40)
- Take line 2 to Cascais train station. (Cascais is the end stop so you can fall asleep 😉)
Step 3: Walking tour from the trainstation to hotel (10 minutes)
- Exit the trainstation at the left side
- Cross the roundabout straight (street with MacDonalds) and start enjoying the great city. You will love it.
- At the end of the street turn to the right.
- Continue to follow the coastline and you definitely will enjoy some see views already. Maybe you will meet the president of Portugal. The hotel tells us that exactly there is the place the president is swimming into the sea and willing to shake hands. So if you like…😉.
- On the left side you will see the marina and enjoy it.
- After you have left the marina behind you, you will see the Citadel building. After some minutes you left it behind and cross a small river.
- When you finished the bridge the first hotel on your right is our hotel.
- Take the first street right and on the right you will find the entrance of the hotel.
Or take a taxi from the trainstation of Cascais (5,90 Euro)
In case of problems: call the hotel Vila Gale (00351214826000) or Bert den Hertog from Compass (0031640906046).
WELCOME to Vila Gale Cascais